Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To Become an Artist

Some fun facts about our artists?

When and how did you first become interested in Art?

"I've always been an artist. I think it's something your born with. I can't imagine ignoring that part of myself to be someone or something else." - Darlou Gams

"I never 'chose' to be an artist; it chose me. It is not unlike an addiction- its what I have to do."- Michael Palmer

"I probably have been an artist my whole life. As a child I sketched with colored stones on slate and sculpted clay babies in nests while playing in the backyard. My mother kept me occupied with a flour/salt/water homemade clay and collage from her ladies magazines and sketched nonstop." - Christopher Gowell

"I grew up with art materials, books and gallery trips as part of everyday life. I can remember looking through my moms fine art books when I was for or five..." - Dustan Knight

No comments: